As a person living and working in Poland, you may find yourself in need of urgent translation e.g. of a driving licence, marriage certificate, contract or diploma. You will need your documents translated into Polish, for example, when applying for a residence permit in Poland or wanting to enrol at a university.
At the LinguaCity translation agency you can have any document translated: by a sworn (certified) translator, or by a regular one (in case of e.g. documents for your own purposes, not to be presented to authorities or at a university). At LinguaCity we provide translations in more than 40 language pairs. Each text is translated in a proficient and reliable manner. The confidentiality of your documents is guaranteed – no-one other than our employee and the translator has access to the text.
What are the advantages of commissioning translation services at LinguaCity?
- Guaranteed quality – we work only with experienced translators with adequate translation-related education and certifications. Our translators are experts in their work.
- Guaranteed time of delivery – upon placing an order, we will provide you with the details relating to the completion date. You will have an option to choose the speed of service: regular, urgent, or express.
- Guaranteed price and explicit terms – upon placing an order we will offer you a quotation (per page of the translated text), and explain the method of counting pages depending on the type of your translation. We will also provide the total cost estimate, so that you have an idea how much the translation will cost.
- Do I need regular or certified translation?
Many of those who want to have their documents translated are not exactly sure what kind of translation they need. Here is our advice: it is best to ask the institution where you have to present the translated document, e.g. an office, bank, university, etc.
To give you a general idea, here are the two types of translations that you can commission from us:
- Regular (uncertified) translation can be made by any translator. Its purpose is to render the original text in the target language, so that the output is understood by the customer. Regular translation is not signed by the translator, and it does not require a seal confirming that it is a true representation of the original. Such documents are, of course, translated with the required professional care and diligence, but are not recognised by various authorities. Translations of this kind are usually ordered for the customer’s own purposes. This is the type of translation ordered, e.g. in case of books, articles, operation manuals, greeting cards, song lyrics, etc.
- Certified (sworn) translation can be made by a certified translator only, i.e. a person with the official authorisation granted upon successfully passing the state examination. Certified translation is made in compliance with special guidelines and confirmed with the stamp and signature of the translator, who certifies that it is the true representation of the original. Translations of this type are required by various authorities, universities, and public institutions. Texts translated this way include official documents, car papers, etc.
The same difference applies to interpreting: upon signing a notarial deed you will need the assistance of a certified translator, whereas during a conference a regular interpreter will suffice.
- How much will I pay for the translation?
The price of a translation depends on several factors:
- Language – unit prices per page of translation depend on the language (e.g. translations from English are cheaper than translations from Chinese).
- Type of translations – certified translations are usually more expensive than regular ones. This is due to the different size of one translation unit: for certified translation a page comprises 1125 characters with spaces of target text (in compliance with the official regulation of the Minister), whereas one page of regular translation comprises 1600 characters with spaces of target text. Consequently, the same document translated by a certified translator may comprise more pages than if it was translated by a regular translator.
- Deadline – for very short deadlines (urgent and express), the rates will be higher by 25-100% on average compared with the price of normal translation.
- Text difficulty – translations of specialised texts (e.g. medical) are more expensive than those of regular texts.
Before finalising your order at LinguaCity you will get a free quote with the estimated total cost. You will be given not only the price per page, but also the estimated final price. We offer attractive discounts to our regular customers and for high-volume translations.
To get a quote for a specific document, contact us by phone: +48 32 726 27 78, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or in person.
- Can I get a translation on the spot?
A translation in the normal mode will be available at the fastest on the business day following the day of placing the order (or later depending on the language, document length and type of text). It is not possible to get a translation on the spot. You can order a translation by e-mail, or in person at the LinguaCity office.